Saturday, January 20, 2007

Good Bye Beijing and Next Time...

I am leaving Beijing today (train to Pingyao in a couple of hours), need to pack, check out...

I left the office on Friday to go to a New Year Party (celebration of Spring Festival that starts in mid Feb), quite an insightful view into local entertainment. My colleagues sang popular songs, danced, played instruments, played theater sketches and had talk shows... as I was told such kind of entertainment is very common and popular and kids get ready for this ever since they enter school.

..When I was visiting my Czech Beijing friends, they showed me a video piece from a university party that was exactly the same! (Ok, not the same but very similar, the difference was hip hop dancing whereas at 'my' party there was a film made by my colleagues; and of course different people.. )

My travels - quite a long list so I do not want to say I will go to all the places. Let's keep it easy and pleasant..

For my stay in Beijing, next time what I would change:
- I would rent an apartment for myself somewhere in the center.
..I no longer want to live in a hotel, after 6 weeks.
..2nd or 3rd ring would do, most preferably near Lama Temple.
- I would buy a bicycle.
..I thought it was quite cold now in winter; but apparently others cycle even in snow!
- I would work from home and go to the office once or twice a week.
..As almost everyone does it in my team in here.

So I am off for my 4 week holiday traveling in China. Wish me good luck.. :-)

No comments: