Thursday, January 11, 2007

Wang Yan


I met Wang on a bus to Fragrant Hill on Tuesday 2 January. Freezing day, round 11 am. Both of us heading in the same direction with the same goal; I got on the bus and sat down just behind her not knowing that within 30 mins we would be walking up the hill together and chatting about various things almost like old friends.

My camera was broken so Wang took charge of all the photos. Oh, how she likes being in the photos (unlike me!). But we took turns taking pictures... so I could not escape being on the photo as well (a strange feeling).

Another weekend she took me to more places in Beijing (Old Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Wangfujing Dajie - a commercial street in the very center with lots of shops but also with small streets with souvenirs, street food and opera singing). A great and very friendly companion with a heart and lots of smiles; born in Hunan province where the Chairman was born.



At Fragrant Hill, in a house where Mao spent some time

No comments: