Saturday, January 20, 2007

I am 33

On 1st February.

I went on a shopping spree with my colleague Lois last week and I bought presents for myself - 3 pairs of earrings. :) Yes, a very girlish thing.. but I could not resists it. And it is my birthday!




Questions whether I am old?

According to a Beijing friend, yes, very old. And I have nothing.. no flat, no husband, no child. So viewed from this angle.. I am doing something wrong... and given the Chinese attitude towards women - if they are over 30 and still not married... they are thought to have little chance.. (I suppose it is similar in Europe,
even though it is not so much discussed.) Many Chinese girls and women have a new year resolution to get married. Even though they do not go out with anybody now, but just get married! This attitude might be changing with professional life and working in cities... but.. For me personally I do not judge others by age.. And I hate such pressure in society towards marriage as everyone has their own time in their life and some things are meant to be done, some not.. now or later.. I know I am changing with my age (and these last months my attitudes to many things have been changing quite rapidly.. and preferences.. and what I want to do 'in my life' and with it.. but..) I know I want to live with someone I love no matter what. And be surrounded by friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Buba, beautifully written !
Very true and very wise, and you go girl ! Take care, Nininka